Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my GT for about 4 months now and I've noticed that there is a lot of play in the gear stick whilst in gear and driving along.

The gear stick will move about an inch or two in any direction whilst in gear and driving (doesn't move if you don't touch it tho :lol: ). Its a 2.0 JTS...

Either its getting worse or now I've noticed it, its bugging me more too.

Is this normal? Another GT I've driven was fairly crisp and precise and the only other car I've noticed this in is my old Capri :confused: ...

Also it will 'jump' out of 2nd gear with the slightest bit of pressure applied, whereas the other gears are a little tighter and feel 'more right'.

I may just be being paranoid as so far nothing has gone wrong with the car since I've had it and I'm not used to it!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions.

S

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem as you in my 147 twinny, I got a whole new gearstick to fit so it should improve it :thumbs:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had my GT for about 4 months now and I've noticed that there is a lot of play in the gear stick whilst in gear and driving along.

The gear stick will move about an inch or two in any direction whilst in gear and driving (doesn't move if you don't touch it tho :lol: ). Its a 2.0 JTS...

Either its getting worse or now I've noticed it, its bugging me more too.

Is this normal? Another GT I've driven was fairly crisp and precise and the only other car I've noticed this in is my old Capri :confused: ...

Also it will 'jump' out of 2nd gear with the slightest bit of pressure applied, whereas the other gears are a little tighter and feel 'more right'.

I may just be being paranoid as so far nothing has gone wrong with the car since I've had it and I'm not used to it!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/opinions.

That's odd, I find mine very tight in fact so much so I've been thinking perhaps there is something wrong..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine is also tight until it has been warmed up, then it eases a bit. Occasionally get an annoying vibration when applying power. Sounds like a clicking noise from the top of the gear stick. No rhyme or reason as to when it occurs either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same problem as you in my 147 twinny, I got a whole new gearstick to fit so it should improve it :thumbs:
Thats interesting, when are you going to fit it? You'll have to let me know whether or not it cures the problem.

Is there anything else this could be a symptom of seeing as people seem to be reporting much tighter gear boxes in general?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts