Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm collecting my GT this weekend and have been browsing around the net looking at various GT's and came across this photo. Think the gear knob looks great and was wondering if this is factory fit or aftermarket (if so, any ideas where)?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Think that's the one for the JTS engine
The JTD and the V6 have the leather one (which I think looks better personally) It has the collar for the reverse select

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yep, that's the one I have in my 2.0 JTS GT. I can't say I like it that much - I prefer the look/feel of the leather one in the diesel myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought that i looked good with the gear shaft exposed, rather than covered up by the gaitor. I have a satin ball gear knob from my last car, might pop it on and see how it looks. Havent actually picked up my GT yer (Fri, hopefully) so kinda hard to picture.

thanks for your comments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not totally related, but I'd like to find a non-dealer option for procuring a new driver's seat in blakc leather, as the one in my GT is getting a wee bit worn out from use. And no, I'm not a lardy-arse. :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
If yours is a jtd then you wont be able to replace the knob easily, you need the sprung collar mechanism in the factory fit one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh right, just assumed it would be straight forward. Is it a lift up reverse on the JTD (ie. do you lift up a lever for reverse gear), if so I see where your coming from.

cheers

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Out of all the modern Alfa gear knobs I have used.

I preferred the one fitted to my old 05 plated 156 2.0 JTS Veloce.

Was similar to the Momo Combat Knob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts