Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

This is my first post for my first alfa - a 3.2 V6 GT :D I have had a number of little problems with the car that have cropped up over the last 12 months, which I have just put up with. But now I am going to have to spend some cash on it (exhaust, tyres, tax, etc) I want it as perfect as possible...

I have a parasitic drain on my battery, which i had found was caused by something connected to a fuse in the dashboard fuse box. I have an owners manual, 1st edition, but it is pretty much useless as the fusebox in the car has 6 rows with 5 fuses in each column while the manual diagram has 5 rows with 6 fuses in each column, plus missing fuses in the 1st column. When I turn the diagram on its side, which makes sense apart from the missing fuse, the offending fuse is F46 - but the manual has no listing for F46 so I dont know what it does!!

So my question is, does anyone know what the top fuse in the 4th row (counting from the left) actually does? It is 15amps.

Secondly with this fuse in the car, the battery was draining 158 milliamps, with it taken out it is still drawing 36 milliamps. I found a site that reckons over 25 milliamps is a lot so was wondering what the norm is for the Alfa GT? By the way my car is standard

Thirdly has anyone had a custom exhaust made for their GT V6? I once put a mongoose exhaust on my calibra V6 and it ruined the sound - I am past the chav "listen to how much noise I can make" phase ;) - and dont want to mess up the V6 sound. Basically I am just looking for some opinions before I make a decision....

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok fuse F46 isnt listed in the owners manual as its for the sunroof - :rolleyes: - actually the fuse i needed was F39, which is the radio! How can I check if the radio is fried or just the wiring that is causing the drain?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts