Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so was coming off a roundabout jsut off Ongar there earlier.. bit wet on the road, didnt think i was going that fast.. then the front of the car started to slide.. ok thats kinda normal in a FWD car.... then the back gave way and i ended up going around the roundabout sideways.. LOL.. little startled to say the least..
wonder did i hit a greese patch or oil or something ...

are the GT's known for being tail happy?

·
Administrator
87,329 Posts
Maybe it is the tyres, some of the cheaper ones aren't great & some are plain dangerous especially on wet roads ! what's on the GT ?

S

·
0 Posts
I've done that a couple if times especially round those little mini buggers ....:)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well the GT is a front engined front wheel drive so tail happiness is not to be expected. Unless you are running poor quality rear tyres / incorrect tyre pressures, or hit an oil grease patch like you said

P

·
0 Posts
Those roundabouts round that way always seem slippy, I had my renault trafic in a four wheel slide coming onto the big one at the top of that road, I was hoofing it mind.

Maybe a bus with a leaky diesel cap just chugging up and down all day, it would leave a nice slick when a bit of rain came down...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last car was FWD aswell. (Toyota) but i could never get the rear out..
rear tyres are decent, Bridgestone i think..

im just glad there were no other cars next to me when it happened. kinda make me a little concerned through for when we get the worse weather (ice and snow) how do they handle in that???

kinda fun though.. suprised i natruely turned into the skid like you are meant to. first time that has ever happened.. lol

D

·
0 Posts
You'll get the back out if you lift off severely in it I've done it on the 156 a good few times but you really have to be going fast or aggresive with the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts