Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help ...

I've read a few of the threads on faulty fuel flap release issues but need to know which fuse relay relates to it - the handbook doesn't give any indication which is frustrating . I've checked power to the switch which is fine, there's no power at the solenoid end after checking with multimeter.....does anyone know which fuse and relay it is?
I don't get the sound of the relay switching as it used to when it worked , so I'm really hoping it's something as simple as nice and simple as that.

Thanks in advance !
Cheers
Lloydy :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, I am looking for the same relay. I can see four relays in the fusebox under the steering wheel, but I don’t know what’s what...
Does anyone perhaps have an overview of all relays? Can’t find it in the instruction manual. Many thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Many thanks. However, it only states the location of the fuses while I am trying to find out the location of the fuel flap relay.

Under the dashboard I can see four relays: two black ones and two red in the middle. Should it be one of those? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
652 Posts
After short google inspection - there is no relay for fuel flap.
Can you give more info about your problem with flap?

·
Premium Member
7,917 Posts
maybe this will help:
The relay is supposed to be located on the "supplementary fuse box", I think behind the "standard" interior one ....

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
maybe this will help:
The relay is supposed to be located on the "supplementary fuse box", I think behind the "standard" interior one ....
I can only see the cover, it says 1 from 5. Can you perhaps post the other pages as well? Or send it otherwise to me?

In the meantime I am trying to take out the fusebox, but I don’t have a clue how to. For example, I don’t even know how to remove the connector wit the purple clip...
Many thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fortunately, no need to take out the fusebox. The relay ‘floats’ behind the box, together with another relay.
You can access it by removing a panel, which is secured by only one bolt under the fusebox.
Does anyone know a part number or something so I can try to order a new one somewhere?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
On 1st picture,that 2 big fuse,one of that 2 is this from last photo?

No, 1st picture is the regular fusebox under the dashboard. The brown one is behind that fusebox and sits together with a black one. You can find it if you put your head upside down under the dashboard. Removing a small panel and a lamp will help finding it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts