Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers seat on my GT is locked in position and can't be tipped forward. If I pull any harder on the seat handle I'm concerned its going to break away.

I think it may be due to having had the back seats tipped forward and the seat being forced against the rear head rest.

Any recommendations or is this a trip to the alfa dealer to look at the seat mechanism?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cable is probably broken - just had mine sorted.

If the handle looks intact and the cable looks intact at the handle, it is probably broken underneath. The repair involves removing the negative lead from the battery for 20 mins, removing the seat from the car, stripping the seat RIGHT BACK and attaching a new cable. The cable costs around £20 and comes with a new handle (although it may not be broken at that end). Alfa wanted £75 per hour for 4 hours. I found a local upholsterer to carry out the repair and a few other repairs for £85 all in - car was back with me after 3.5 hours.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/267391-gt-seat-cable-broken.html

See post 7.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh, by the way, it is a good idea to push the seat back before you pull the handle - it relieves the tension on the cable somewhat and makes the pull on the handle a bit easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts