Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Can anyone with experience of removing the front bumper on a GT please tell me:

1. How easy is it to do with limited space/tools?
Do front wheels need to come of?
How long should the job take for someone without prior experience?

2. How long/how much for a garage (ie with ramps etc) to do the job?

Cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi - Can anyone with experience of removing the front bumper on a GT please tell me:

1. How easy is it to do with limited space/tools?
Do front wheels need to come of?
How long should the job take for someone without prior experience?

2. How long/how much for a garage (ie with ramps etc) to do the job?

Cheers
I did mine a couple of months ago, to replace a headlamp. Took me all day! Only screwdrivers and spanners needed. The procedure is clearly explained in elearn, but that assumes no corroded nuts and bolts of which I had plenty.
Wheels and undertray need removing, the wheel arch liners need moving to one side to get at some of the fixings.

How long for a garage? Depends how rusty the bolts are.

Best of luck

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Go on youtube, italia autos has a video on how to remove it.

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies.
Had a look at the video on YouTube - Looks like a simple job with wheels off and if the car is on a ramp. Not sure it would go as well without the lift and range of decent tools/rusty fittings etc ..

·
Registered
215 Posts
I managed to do a 156 headlight without taking the bumper off, don't ask me how, but I'll be needing to do it again soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its actually straight forward and wheels do not have to come off. I did it today, about the fifth time i have done it, and had it off in about 30 mins. Check out you-tube guide mentioned above.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,516 Posts
Look at this one he did it without a ramp,

Reactions: sye

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I did mine last night with the wheels on the ground in around 15 mins, no corroded screws though so soak all your bolts a few times, including the wheel arch liner screws, in Duck oil. Swarfega do a spray can and it's 100 times better than WD40. All the tools you need are a No.30 torx bit in a socket and a no2 Pozidrive screwdriver.
4x bolts under the bonnet along the slam panel
2x screws each side holding the front of the wheel arch liner onto the bumper
2x bolts each side vertically on the inside of the arch
6x bolts along the bottom of the bumper holding the under tray on
Should come away now. Wee bit of a fiddle getting it back on again as the under tray needs tucked in under the front of the bumper.

Good luck.

Reactions: sye
1 - 10 of 10 Posts