Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only problem I have with the GT is the mats, the fit is very poor and the material is pants!!

There's nowhere to secure them to, which means they slide about all over the show and can get in the way of the pedals. :rant:

Is there any better quality mats available?? And any way to secure them in place, maybe velcro??

Is this the Italian build quality everyone goes on about?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hi G5een,I`m the same,the floormats came unsecured, but in the drivers door pocket were two small bags of plastic screws and plugs.I believe you position the mat,guesstimate where the female side of the plug goes,then you make 4 small holes in the carpet,screw the male side plugs into carpet,then fit the mats (female plug ends).
:eek: :lol:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Female plugs :lol:

Unfortunatly, I have no such plugs. :(

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
As Andyman says - should have come with some plastic fixings. Go back to your dealer and get some FOC.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Are you sure your mats are the genuine Alfa mats :confused:

The reason I ask is that I have genuine alfa mats and the quality of them is great. Nice thick pile on the mat and very sturdy. Also my mats aren't fixed in because they are such a snug fit they don'y slide anywhere.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
And to think, our beautiful Bella has snap down floormats, that never move, plus Alfa embossed, stainless steel, sill kick-guards, but still nobody wants to give her a new home. Shame.:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
The only problem I have with the GT is the mats, the fit is very poor and the material is pants!!

There's nowhere to secure them to, which means they slide about all over the show and can get in the way of the pedals. :rant:

Is there any better quality mats available?? And any way to secure them in place, maybe velcro??

Is this the Italian build quality everyone goes on about?? :rolleyes:
Yes you're right, the mats that come supplied with the Cloverleaf as standard are a bit cheapo & about half the pile depth of the 'old' style mats that were a better fit as well.

Made a point of insisting on a set of the thicker ones when I ordered my new GT at the weekend (3 weeks and counting :thumbs: )

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
So why did they not fit the button snap down type, or for that matter the superb Alfa scripted sill guards. Was ours just a one off? Anyone else with a 147 of the same vintage? Black leather seats, with red stitching, plus those firmly fixed mats, and the sill guards, standard for that '52 period??:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I brought some mats for the gt from the dealers when i got the car 2 weeks ago. These mats are lovely, nice deep pile and a nice alfa gt logo. Also came with 2 plastic fixing screw (drivers side only) that you have to fit into the carpet and then twist the tophalf to lock the mats in place. Pricey at full rrp which i was told was £75, as i had the car from them that day i did get a discount and paid £60 which is still steep but they are a quality item and fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My Mats have always been great. Only problem I have is the way I drive. I'm on my third set because I wear a hole though on the driver's side with my heel. It's always been a problem in any car I drive.
I now have two spare sets for the passenger and rear :lol:
Wish I could buy just the driver's mat

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My old 156 had the deep pile mats, think I may upgrade the GT one's as they are quite bad.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
my GT Lusso came with deep pile mats and the drivers side mat is located with the plastic clips to keep it in place. Can't fault them really....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts