Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the GT is getting a very mild facelift for 2006. Not much of a difference from the front end apart from new headlamps and spots.

Anyone know what other changes are being made?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I prefer the current model - the lowered indicator lamps and spots built into the headlamps was a nice touch - that front looks too 'empty' for my liking. :(

W

·
0 Posts
selespeed said:
Looks like a photoshop to me: 'just' a GT with the headlights plus the chrome edge of a 156 MkIII
Agree, it looks like a step backwards to the 156 styling and has lost the sharp new lights....don't think it's real.

wrinx

A

·
0 Posts
As a future GT owner, what I am concerned about is the dash changing. The new 147 has the cowels missing and for economic sense, I can see Alfa using the same dash for the GT, which IMO will spoil it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
looks fine to me - had to check pic of mine to remember what bits were where! :eek:

dont like the sound of the dash cowels going though

·
Registered
25 Posts
I test drove a GT over the Christmas break and asked the dealer if there were any planned facelifts. He told me there arn't any planned as the car has only been out 18 months, so I will be disappointed if they do facelift it this year as I am due to pick my GT next week!!

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Wok said:
I test drove a GT over the Christmas break and asked the dealer if there were any planned facelifts. He told me there arn't any planned as the car has only been out 18 months, so I will be disappointed if they do facelift it this year as I am due to pick my GT next week!!
You won't be disappointed even if they do a face lift - promise!

I've had my GT a couple of months and I'm still loving every minute of it :D

Don't forget to post some pictures when you pick her up ;)

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Wok said:
.. so I will be disappointed if they do facelift it this year as I am due to pick my GT next week!!
The pic shown is a photoshopped GT, not a facelifted GT. As far as I know there isn't a facelift scheduled for this year.

The only thing you can expect from the GT this year, is the discontinuation of the current 3.2 V6 version.

·
Registered
389 Posts
selespeed said:
The only thing you can expect from the GT this year, is the discontinuation of the current 3.2 V6 version.
WHAT!!! Did I miss that? Why? Does this mean my 3.2 will be worth something now? :)

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
FredBloggs said:
WHAT!!! Did I miss that? Why? Does this mean my 3.2 will be worth something now? :)
The factory in Arese who produces the engine has shut down about a year ago. At a certain point the stock with V6 engines will run out. The 2.5 and 3.0 are no longer available, the 3.2 GTAs (both 147 and 156) have been discontinued last year and it is a matter of time before the GT 3.2 and 166 3.2 will be discontinued as well.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
FredBloggs said:
Fred, I've been saying this all along. The 3.2 GT is an instant classic never mind a future one. Hang on to it mate and please try to curb your urge to laugh at those of us who bought the GTD ;) . Great car though it is, it'll be the V6 the collectors will be after in years to come.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Last Friday Wimster, Mel Bonkers and I visited the AutoSalon in Bruxelles. We noticed that the GT had new headlights. The shape hasn't changed, but the inside of the headlights are black now, just like the are on the GTAs

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have just spoken to the dealer from whom I am picking up my '06 GT this Friday (*can't b****y wait!! :D) so will check with him whether there are any face lifts planned.

Craig

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Wok said:
I have just spoken to the dealer from whom I am picking up my '06 GT this Friday (*can't b****y wait!! :D) so will check with him whether there are any face lifts planned.

Craig

'til then, here's a little taster...

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
And another....

1 - 20 of 100 Posts