Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first Post.... Forgive another one of those what exhaust threads.... !!

The old girl..... 2005 GT 2.0Lt JTS had its medical and it was a no go flight.... !

holes in the back box....mid box.... flexi coupling / manifold joint shot ............!

Time for some billy wonga payroll....

So the system from Manifold / Flexi joint back to tail pipe needs replacing.....

So any suggestions on Replacements ?..... stock / sport / stainless bespoke ??

Replies gratefull ............. Mr Skintuss Magintuss !! with a love for Plastic !

·
Registered
200 Posts
Could you not just patch it up by welding the holes up? At least until you save up for a new system?

That's what I have done before

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
the the flexi replaced as stock and a stainless cat-back.

stainless exhaust can be had from around £250 so no point lessing around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you not just patch it up by welding the holes up? At least until you save up for a new system?

That's what I have done before
Hmmmmm thats what i thought till the Guy showed me under the ramp , the corrosion is in the seams / end cans......... :cry:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
because exhausts get hot and when cool condensation forms on inside. also CAT designed to turn nasty gas into harmless h20, again rots exhaust in time. get a stainless with lifetime warrenty, no more worries!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got a Quote back from MIJ Exhausts of Walsall....... depending on performance set up / Tail pipe option....somewhere £300-400+ for stainless bespoke..........

Any one had any dealings /comments/ feedback on MIJ........?? . Will be a day's drive for me .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had my Bespoke Stainless exhaust fitted today. Pro -Flow(free flow) System, Cat back with twin pipes out of the one side. What a difference!!!. The GT before was hesitating through the gears and just seemed to be holding back. Not anymore, I can't actually believe the knacked back box and pin ***** hole in the old exhaust made so much difference, it is a different car.
Custom Pipes, Doncaster, £270. Thanks to Ryan, lovely job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input Guy's....... I am considering paying the extra an going for a twinny with quad pipes..........just need to balance it for the right look.......choices ...choices...Hmmm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts