Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi comrades! Well i have a totally goosed jtd 16v in my 05 gt due to oil cooler pipe failure and oil starvation caused 1 cam to sieze and heavily score number 3 and 4 cylinders rendering said unit fit for the scrap man.
Today i have been offered a GM (yak!) DTH 16V engine which i understand fiat supply to GM?
I have had a good look at this unit and it looks very similiar to my unit in as much as block and head as all ancillaries differ.
Does anyone know if this unit will take all my ancillaries and run in my car????
All the sensors are in identical locations but could do with a 100% answer due to having to purchase this unit and not having a try before you buy option. The new unit is from a 2010 zafira. Any ideas????????

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......you will get a much better response if you ask in the tech lounge.......:thumbs:

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
If it helps, someone bought a 16v engine from a 2005 147 JTD off me last year, they told me they were going to fit it in a Vectra. They bought it and I never heard back from them so not sure whether they managed it or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts