Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried taking the windows down and holding the switches for 10 seconds to reset but unfortunately still no joy,the drivers window does not move at all it beeps but no movement any help anywhere please?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a similar problem with the passenger door window, it would open but not close.
Having checked the obvious fuses, wiring etc, I traced the fault back to the ECU in the door - if i wiggled the plug the window would operate. In the end i removed the ECU and reflowed all the soldered joints - it's worked A OK ever since.
its a lot of trouble but did the trick for me.

intermittant faults are a pain.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I currently have the same fault now with my GT, passenger window is all the way up but will not opperate at all. If I press the switch either on passenger side or drivers - you hear the bleep but the window doesn't move. When you open the door the window doesn't drop, nor does it raise when closing (obviously).

The car is going in for a service with Alfa on Tuesday and I've mentioned the problem to them already. I could do with a new clutch and master/slave cylinder too along with 4 wheel allignment and a new air intake pipe while there at it!! This is going to be an expensive bill! :(

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,716 Posts
As above, the window control units are in each door behind the door card.

But also worth disconnecting the battery NEG terminal for 10 minutes to see if that resets things too. Whilst I've not had that exact same issue, this process has helped with other window control malfunctions.

(note: the above will reset other things like engine ECU, trip meter, headunit settings, etc; but should be no big deal)

:)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
As above, the window control units are in each door behind the door card.

But also worth disconnecting the battery NEG terminal for 10 minutes to see if that resets things too. Whilst I've not had that exact same issue, this process has helped with other window control malfunctions.

(note: the above will reset other things like engine ECU, trip meter, headunit settings, etc; but should be no big deal)

Good point to know!:thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Find fuses!!!!
to the right of the throttle under the carpet where the bottom door hinge is mounted you will find 4 fuses,
one 20 amp is for window motor and they are not shown in the hand book !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Find fuses!!!!
to the right of the throttle under the carpet where the bottom door hinge is mounted you will find 4 fuses,
one 20 amp is for window motor and they are not shown in the hand book !
Anyone got any more information on where this fuse is? I've had a look but cant find any fuses.
I did find a little connector which is bolted to the chassis of the car but no fuses...

Does anyone have any idea what this connector is for?
Wire Bumper Cable

Technology Electronic instrument Fictional character

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone got any more information on where this fuse is? I've had a look but cant find any fuses.
I did find a little connector which is bolted to the chassis of the car but no fuses...

Does anyone have any idea what this connector is for?
View attachment 97346

View attachment 97347
I would like to know where it is aswell, as i am having the same trouble with the windows.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,716 Posts
Where is that connector? Front passenger/left kickpanel area? It is probably the Bose stereo wiring, laying dormant because I presume you don't have Bose in the car?

If there's no fuse listed in the owner's handbook, then there may not be one. But I presume there is, in which case it will either be in the main under-steering-wheel fuse area, or under the bonnet (but unlikely).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Where is that connector? Front passenger/left kickpanel area? It is probably the Bose stereo wiring, laying dormant because I presume you don't have Bose in the car?

If there's no fuse listed in the owner's handbook, then there may not be one. But I presume there is, in which case it will either be in the main under-steering-wheel fuse area, or under the bonnet (but unlikely).

This connector is in the drives side foot well. close to where the door hinge is.
No I don't have a BOSE system.
Can't find any fuses at all either.

Anyone know where I can get a node from?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.