Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 GT has a broken hinge on the drivers door handle (outside). Is this possible to repair or does it need a complete new handle with corresponding key change. Any advice please.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
depends how it's broken. if the metal has snapped, probably best to replace it. if it's simply 'come apart' (i haven't checked the design to know if this would be likely or not), then it may be fixable.

lock barrels are usually a separate item, so i expect you can change the handle and retain the locks, hopefully.

note: i haven't checked the workshop manual to know if the above is accurate, but if you plan to DIY, then get hold of the manual (eg: eBay CD copy) to plan it out

:)

·
Registered
171 Posts
How did you get on? My passenger handle has just gone.

Any advice on fitting would be appreciated. Presumably you have to take off the inside door trim etc. ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
My last GT had a similar problem - the handle didn't spring back when you pulled on the door (stayed sticking out). I never did fix it just pushed it back when the door was open.. Is that what you're describing?

Would be interested to hear where you get your replacement from and how much it costs - I'm thinking about installed an LED into the underside of the handle and wiring it up so that it comes on when the interior light comes on - so when I'm walking across the pitch black office carpark and unlock the car, the handles will be illuminated as well. Of course I don't want to use the set currently on my car incase it doesn't work! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts