Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to open my door today on the GT and ended up with a bit of chrome plastic flying through the air. :(

I know that the handles are rubbish but 33K miles is not a lot of use! I suspect that the passenger's side is likely to go next!

I am about to trawl through the search engine but does anyone out there who has replaced the handles have any advice on what to look out for?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
chrome plastic? do u mean the inside ones
its normaly the hinge on outside aluminium one that breaks.....never heard of (what i assume to be) the inside one breaking

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, its the outside one. It might be part aluminium but its mostly plastic...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Just ordered a new handle from Western Alfa in Perth. Third order for Chris this week for GT handles!!

Good bloke - 10% off for being on AO

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
no, its the outside one. It might be part aluminium but its mostly plastic...
everything thats silver is alloy, did the black bit of plastic that goes into the door break?
the hinge is die cast, when mine went i bought a handle of a car been broken on ebay for £15 and just swapped the hinge

Gary

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
just had a look at my old one.......if its same black plastic its held in with roll pins, be hard to swap over.
see who is breaking alfas on ebay...certain year gts have same handle as 147, thats wot i got mine off.....a 147

1 - 7 of 7 Posts