Registered
7,047 Posts
Only one solution in this situation.
Dump your girlfriend and enjoy jour GT
:lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Goes like stink I'm sure, but it does look as bland as german cooking though!

Since the Golf came out in GTI and R32 forms as the MK V I have liked the styling lots. In fact I still prefer the MK V to the Mk VI but I still like it and would have one in a flash

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
My step daughters boyfriend is awaiting delivery of a Scirocco TDi this week. He is blabbing on about his car being quicker and better etc. I will be delighted to follow him at the weekend and challenge him to loose me in the GT. Not going to happen!

As for the R32. Sound amazing, bloke 4 doors down from me has a newer one, think a 57 plate. But, the test is the look back, the "yooff" walking past my window regularly look back at mine as they walk past, whereas his looks like a Golf, end of.
Interior is dull as hell on the Golf, in either guise. Whereas the GT (as fragile as some of it seems) is soooo much nicer to be in.
But the engine on the R32, any diesel GT is never going to keep up in the straight line speed stakes. Maybe in the twisties you will catch up, but speed, no chance. However, you will soon blat by as they are in the petrol station filling up, again!

VWs have never done it for me. I tried to talk myself into a 5 door GTi recently (bit like Graham did...), but I just couldn't live with the anonymity of the car.

Ditch the girl friend, sound advice....(or hide her car keys!)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Since the Golf came out in GTI and R32 forms as the MK V I have liked the styling lots. In fact I still prefer the MK V to the Mk VI but I still like it and would have one in a flash
See I think they have gone the other way, since the MkIII they have gone downhill fast, the latest one probably been the most bland car on sale today, even the Koreans make more attractive cars. A mate of mine has one and the interior is just so vanilla, doesnt have one single intresting feature in it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts