Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an unusual power loss on the GT after about a mile or so. It feels like fuel starvation as changing down increases the revs a bit but no increase in speed. After about 7 or 8 seconds it clears and all is normal again.

No error messages on the dash at all. Still to do a fault code scan.

Done it three times now...

Can anyone suggest a likely cause? Fuel filter was replaced just before Christmas....

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its usually been dark so far! Doesn't "feel" like a sticking EGR valve as I had problems with that before - EGR warning light on and new one fitted under warranty :) It really cuts the power this time - almost like full blown limp-mode engaged - then it comes back to life as if nothing happened.

It does not smoke too badly normally but I will try to see if it happens in daylight tomorrow morning - that's assuming we have daylight heading to work. Bit of a storm brewing....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
ok if not egr its overboosting and going into limp mode.........either the actuator hoses are leaking/split, and/or the vanes that turn in the turbo are sticking.......a vg turbo doesnt have a waste gate, the vanes turn to control the flow of exhaust, this causes overboost.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was overboosting I would expect it to go into limp mode, show up a fault and then only come out of lm after a re-start. Been there with the 156 in the past.

I will stick the OBD2 code reader on it tomorrow if I get time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts