Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This might be posted already but i couldn't find it:

I have GT 1.9 Diesel for about 2 years---love it dearly :) but this week it seems to have developed a problem.:eek: Power seems very low in low revs, takes for ages to build up speed and then when it hits 3000RPM the power really kicks in, never had this problem before. When the engine heats up this becomes less of a problem but you can definitely feel the time delay. I was thinking of a lambda sensor of something similar but i generally find alfa dealers crap here in ireland so would prefer to have a good idea of what is wrong before going near them....apprecaite any help here...no warning lights to indicate what the problem is...thks in advance...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not sure mate, if it was the lambda sensor you should get MCSF message, sounds more like MAF to me, if you search on here it's been pretty comprehensively covered (not a good sign).

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Disconect the MAF and take her for a burn and see if its ok. If it is you know your MAF is knackered.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Should be it the air intake near the air box. Not sure on the 146 as not had one though.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
follow the intake pipe from the filter housing towards the turbo, it's between those 2 and looks like a black tube with a wire going to it...
Finally someone who knows what they are talking about!

:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts