Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a Blackline and it has the single flap above the stereo for the Ipod - is this standard as I havent seen them in any other Ive lokked at ? - Im also looking at the twin set (cup holder/coin holder) on Ebay - is it a straight swap ?

Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
it has the single flap above the stereo for the Ipod .....Im also looking at the twin set (cup holder/coin holder) on Ebay
LMAO - sorry, but the old saying "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" rings as true her as anywhere!!!

The cupholder and card tray are the usual, standard fitments. The iPod drawer is quite a pricey replacement for the orginal parts! It is a straight swap. To be honest, you will miss the drawer once it goes. The cupholder is not particularly practical and obscures the stereo.

I am not trying to put you off in the least and it is your decision entirely. Just made me giggle because I have the "standard" set up and I want the iPod drawer!!! Wanna swap?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO - sorry, but the old saying "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" rings as true her as anywhere!!!

The cupholder and card tray are the usual, standard fitments. The iPod drawer is quite a pricey replacement for the orginal parts! It is a straight swap. To be honest, you will miss the drawer once it goes. The cupholder is not particularly practical and obscures the stereo.

I am not trying to put you off in the least and it is your decision entirely. Just made me giggle because I have the "standard" set up and I want the iPod drawer!!! Wanna swap?
the probelm with the single drawer is that I dont use an Ipod and its useless for anything else - pens and spare fuses etc etc fall through the hole in the back !! - as its a straight swap Im gonna try the cup holder for a bit and see how it goes, can always swap back

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
I've just gone the other way as the 'card' drawr was pretty useless for anything other than what it says on the tin. Even Tesco petrol vouchers don't fit without folding :tut:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I have the card drawer and the alleged "cup holder". Can't say I use either to be fair. The cup holder will hold very little, and when it does fit a can or cup it blocks the stereo display and even presses the buttons!
The only time I use the card drawer is as a phone holder, in the out position I place my BB in the drawer, with a blob of blue tack on the bottom, works a treat!

My ipod is in the glove box, as I can control it from the steering wheel there is no need to have it on display or close to hand.
But I do think the ipod drawer unit looks better in the dash. A little less cluttered as a design.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
I had the usual set up - drawer and cupholder. I changed to the drawer but I really didn't like it so I got hold of a second 'normal' set and made mine into a two drawer set up - one for the ipod, one for all those petrol station loyalty cards. My iPod Nano (v3) fits in it very snugly thank you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't allow eating or drinking in the car, so the cup holder has never been used. I keep the bits of credit cards that I have snapped whilst getting the windows to drop down when it's icy in the card drawer.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
Ive got a Blackline and it has the single flap above the stereo for the Ipod - is this standard as I havent seen them in any other Ive lokked at ? - Im also looking at the twin set (cup holder/coin holder) on Ebay - is it a straight swap ?

Cheers
The fit will be fine, it's the colour you have to watch: most GT's have an aluminium/silver finish, later GT's (Blacklines and Cloverleafs to name but a few) have the dark silver/gunmetal finish. The darker colour is called 'puma', why I have no idea

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
You have to watch that as well Andy. Some sites call the lighter colour Puma and the 'graphite' Black. It seems Alfa weren't to specific when it came to telling dealers the colours. Best way to go is by the part numbers, which are on here somewhere.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My ipod is in the glove box, as I can control it from the steering wheel there is no need to have it on display or close to hand.
Oh I want that too! Is there a lead that will connect my Nano to the standard Bose system that will charge it and let me control it from the steering wheel?

·
Registered
146 Posts
@ PhilzAlfa - I use one of these and I bought the bluetooth module too:

iPod CD changer adapter, VW iPod, Music Link, xCarLink

It's pretty good. It can be a little flaky in terms of switching to the "changer option" on the stereo. I have to turn it off and then on again maybe twice at most SOMETIMES for it to recognise the iod - However, if yours is going to be in the glove, it can remain connected and i think this eliminates any "connection" issues.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I've got the Carlinks one. Think thats what it is called. Bought it second hand from fleabay, £35.
Plugs straight into the head unit, then directed cable to the glove box where the ipod is. Works a treat with the Bose. I generally leave it on shuffle.

If you have a newer ipod unit, such as a 4th gen Nano like mine, you will need an adaptor to charge the ipod. Mine was £9.50 from fleabay.

A worth while upgrade.

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Oh I want that too! Is there a lead that will connect my Nano to the standard Bose system that will charge it and let me control it from the steering wheel?
I want that too.

Was thinking about buying a lead directly from Alfa as detailed in this thread;

>>>

·
Registered
786 Posts
Cobalt, what is the iphone holder you are using and where can I get one
:thumbs: I made it. Used an apple iPhone dock, some MDF to keep it in place and covered with some sticky-back felt the wife had lying around. Proper Blue Peter job!
Was using my OEM iPod interface (which is for sale if anyone wants it) but when I upgraded to Alpine XDA it no longer fitted so I've put it back to normal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts