Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any knowledge or advice or a couple of noises that have started occurring in my GT.

When I shut the drivers door it sounds like something rattles inside it. This doesn't happen on the passenger and does not happen when the window is wound down.

Where I sometimes work I am required to reverse down a fairly aggressive hump (joys of living in country!) - which I do very slowly. I have noticed that when one back wheel is down and the other three wheels still on the higher level there is a creak or two from the rear of the car. is this normal? Could it be my car has missing welds? What chassis number was this rectified from? My car is quite new, but who knows how long it was unregistered for!

·
0 Posts
Neapolitan build quality ... the ice cream is rubbish so what do expect from the car !

The door rattle will probably be something fairly simple like a window regulator, channel or the door re-inforcing bar - if it's fairly new is it not still under warranty ?

The knock might just be the suspension hitting the stop - if it doesn't knock whilst driving or cornering I wouldn't worry.

I've just started turning up the music in mine ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its only a year old but I never hav etime to get to the dealers to get it sorted.

Its not a know its more of a creak as it lowers down the bump sounds like its coming from the top of the car

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know what I am expecting. I cnat even open the doors of my old sprint veloce whan I jack it up it! So I guess its fairly normal to get a slight twist under un-normal loadings

·
0 Posts
That may just be the tailgate and/or the hinges, but just like the sprint jack it up and it bends like a banana !

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have it booked in for the door rattle... no doubt it will be something i did to cause it resulting in a bill of some kind

1 - 6 of 6 Posts