Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Are there really so few “good” ones left?

Such a shame. I've always felt they are hugely undervalued/under appreciated by the thronging masses........

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
Where are you based? I might be selling mine shortly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
May 2018 the last time I looked on the what's left website there were 309 V6 GT's in total 237 taxed 72 SORN must be less now. If you look on Autotrader you might find 3-5 over the whole of the UK. If you want the Busso V6 against a 156 of 147 GTA they are a cheap buy. Jamie reckons looked after the Busso V6 is good for 250,000 miles it is one of his favourite engines. Unlike the GTV the GT is a genuine 4 seater so long as the rear passengers are not too close to 6 feet and luggage capacity is not bad as it is on the 156 wheelbase, only thing you really need is a Q2 diff - transforms its handling.

Attachments

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
Looks great on the GTA teledials there, good choice :thumbs:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks great on the GTA teledials there, good choice :thumbs:
That's the other thing they ride far better on 17" rims instead of 18" as commented by Tony Dron in the Telegraph when he tested a V6 GT new in Sept 2004.
I personally have found Goodyear F1 Asymetrics as good as any, they replaced Pirelli 6000's which were noisy and wore badly.
Important with new tyres you have a 4 wheel laser alignment after fitting by somebody that knows what they are doing (not all tyre fitting companies do).
I have a bespoke stainless exhaust, BMC carbon airfilter box Autodelta air filter pipe and ally top strut brace that in total with the Q2 diff is all you need really better grip, better sounding exhaust and intake noise.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine is bog standard with scuffed wheels, scrapes on the bumpers, cheap Korean tyres and a slight dent in the roof where the gutter fell off the roof of the house in heavy snow a few years ago. Oh, and slightly crushed sills thanks to the purveyors of the said tyres.
I love it!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
There's a nice one in llangernew near abergele. The seller is an Alfa guy who often has TVs for sale. Good history with lots of recent work. On eBay I think. Blue.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts