Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've recently acquired a second hand Alfa GT 1.9JTD with the Connect Nav+ system. I installed an O2 SIM card and everything looked fine and was well pleased when I received my first call. However, although I could clearly hear the voice of the caller through the sound system, they could not hear me at all - however loud I talked!!. I've adjusted the volume controls and played with the "mute" button, but nothing I seem to do works. Is there a "mute" button which prevents outgoing sound which I'm not aware of, or do I need to install some sort of external microphone? I've read the Connect Nav+ manual from cover to cover, but can't seem to find any clues. Am I just being a bit thick, or does this sound like a genuine technical issue?

Thanks for anything anyone can provide,
Eddie156

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dear Eddie156,

I have same problems with my gt. Did you solve your outgoing problem in your car. If yes, how did it.

Thanks

Karamurat

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dear Graphic and jwc,

Thank you for your responses. I already have interior light with mic. but my voice can not be heard by other party. Is there any mute button to prevent ourgoing voices or is there any generic problem for this system which you know?

Regards

Karamurat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m afraid I never did sort it. I read the Nav+ guide again, but couldn’t find any clues. Without an “obvious" quick fix, it’ll cost more to fix at your friendly Alfa dealership than getting a hands free kit for my phone. Shame though, ‘cos it would be quite a nice feature - if it worked!!

·
Premium Member
7,532 Posts
I’m afraid I never did sort it. I read the Nav+ guide again, but couldn’t find any clues. Without an “obvious" quick fix, it’ll cost more to fix at your friendly Alfa dealership than getting a hands free kit for my phone. Shame though, ‘cos it would be quite a nice feature - if it worked!!
Did you check the back of the unit to see if the microfone cable was actually connected ? (it should be connected to the white connector D, see http://home.planet.nl/~jwq/temp_gta/Connector layout.pdf )
Obviously if the microphone is connected, the voice commands should also work....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dear Eddie156,

Thank you for your asssistance, I will check the back of unit. Most probably, connector D did not placed properly (I hope, because it is easy and cheap). If it is not, I am afraid that there is a something wrong with unit :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks JWQ and Karamurat for the suggestions and the connector diagram. However, and I’m embarrassed to ask this, how can I get to the back of the unit? I’ve taken off the panel under the steering column, but the way to the back of the CN+ was blocked by another panel, which didn’t appear to have any way of easy removal. Do I need to persevere and undo every screw I see or is there a simpler way - removing the facia of the CN+ unit and get in from the front for example - or am I overcomplicating things?
Once again, thanks for anything anyone can contribute, Eddie156

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brilliant - looks easy enough..............Will acquire said threaded bars and have a go.

Thanks v much for the links, Eddie156

1 - 13 of 13 Posts