Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has bought a new GT recently in Blue. I've seen one advertised in a dealer over here in what he described as Forest Blue, very similar to Missano Blue on the Brera. It looks great. The Blackline is called the Monza here and the new one Monza II. The brochure however advertises it as Atlantic Blue and colour looks darker, almost navy.:thumbs:

Here's link Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 M-Jet Sportivo (2008) - Used Cars on RTÉ Motoring powered by Carzone.ie

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I like the blue (but not the wheels). It's not a very common colour.

I thought I would have ended up with Black, Rosso Red, or either Stromboli or Lipari Grey but went a different direction entirely when I saw the car I've bought 'in the flesh'.

I think a contrasting interior is pretty cool (e.g. red with tan, black with red/tan, grey with red etc.)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has bought a new GT recently in Blue. I've seen one advertised in a dealer over here in what he described as Forest Blue, very similar to Missano Blue on the Brera. It looks great. The Blackline is called the Monza here and the new one Monza II. The brochure however advertises it as Atlantic Blue and colour looks darker, almost navy.:thumbs:

Here's link Alfa*Romeo*GT*1.9*M-Jet*Sportivo*(2008) - Used*Cars on RTÉ Motoring powered by Carzone.ie
Am I the only one to be amused by the name of the dealership? :lol:

Tractamotors Blanchardstown :cheese:

Just to avoid accusations of jingoistic english bias - I'm from Ireland.

The wheels look like the standard alloys for the Q2 in the UK - so if you do buy the car and don't like the wheels I am sure there is a ready market to knock them out over here - I'll make you an offer

IB

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the blue (but not the wheels). It's not a very common colour.

I thought I would have ended up with Black, Rosso Red, or either Stromboli or Lipari Grey but went a different direction entirely when I saw the car I've bought 'in the flesh'.

I think a contrasting interior is pretty cool (e.g. red with tan, black with red/tan, grey with red etc.)

My opinion too. I don't really like the wheels but like you said the Blue is an unusual colour and i think it would look really well with a cream colour interior. Will let ye know what i go for.:thumbs:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've seen one in the flesh in the dealers and I think its an unusual colour for a GT. I just think blue doesn't suit the shape!

It's refreshing to see a GT in a new colour (have you seen the brown Milano?) but I don't think I could live with either colour and would get tired of it!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah! up at the parents place!

The Blue GT I suspect is between Rathcoole/Saggart direction - I've seen it twice in the last 3 months in and around this area! Loved that car too!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I think you need to go and see it-if it doesn't feel quite right then-don't do it!

I don't think you can go wrong with Black/Red/Grey. GTs are rare enough over here that you'll always stand out anyway :) .

Although......while at a meeting in Citywest last week, I was parked in an area with around 20-30 other cars-2 of which were GTs! (one silver, one Stromboli). I have seen 2 of the 'Gabbiano'(?) Blue variety in the past week (could be the same car-once around Toughers New Hall and once in Maynooth)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts