1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
677 Posts
Don't think they're doing that colour over here. When I got my previous GT Monza in Jan 2007, there was only a choice of 7 colours - definitely no brown.

·
Registered
37,362 Posts
I think it looks :vomit:

Also you may have problems when the time comes to sell...

They will be selling them in beige and orange next. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Mine is now described as beige, but is actually Amalfi light grey, which is a pale metallic sand colour.
Special orders take ages, but could Ned get one from Cyprus or Gibraltar?

·
Registered
683 Posts
A flying turd no less!

My dad nearly bought a chocolate brown Maestro. I persuaded him of the error of his ways... only to find the fool went and bought a biege one.

Still one way to get the kids to walk to school!!!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Haven't seen one over here myself. Think you would need to see it in the flesh before deciding-I would never have bought mine based on pics/description alone-think the brown could look quite unusual...

Dunno if it makes sense to buy over here and import to the UK based on our tax regime-maybe a call to Alasta Autos (based in Dublin) could shed some light on whether or not the colour is available and whether you can import the car ex. Irish VRT.

Contact details here

Alasta Autos - Dublin 4

Best of luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:) Thanks for the replies, and the opinions. I thought maybe at least it'd be either love it or hate it, but there's a defenite majority for hate it. Maybe Alfa knew this so didn't bring it here.

hasmac.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Don't be put off, you could have a unique car in UK. Import from Ireland is not much good because they are now calibrated in Kilometers. When I got my FIAT 8 years ago I was able to get a decent saving, but not now. I think part of Ned's trouble was this change a few years ago, and Alfa suddenly stopped sending cars to Ireland with miles.

·
Administrator
86,637 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Brown = new black for classy Italian motors - maserati quattroporte looks gorgeous in brown and the colour chart for the granturismo also includes it. Many top end astons mercs etc are available in brown, exept its generally not called that on the chart...

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
My daughter has just moved to Eire and cars are horribly expensive - they are comming over here and to the continent to source theirs, so it might be cheaper to have one resprayed (if you really must). Resale would be a problem. As an ex car salesman, getting a brown car of the forecourt was always a problem. Now Alfa red.............

Just got back from holiday over there in a camper and noticed that almost all the Irish ones are left hookers. Chatting to guy on a camp site he confirmed that they buy elsewhere and import secondhand. He said something about 3 ton chassis campers being charged at about 30% of the customs valuation - not purchase price, but 3.5 tons or more cost €50 - Irish logic or what?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts