Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutch on my GT has started to slip already and it was changed at the end of feb ... can't have done more than 8K either :-(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that .. I'll have to gove the guys at Alfatech a call tomorrow and get them to take a luck.

I've been wanting to get it in for them to sort the Release bearing out as the pedal is still a bit heavey ..

fingers crossed tw birds with one stone under warranty (of the clutch)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am assumng its the release bearing. the clutch was nice an light then after a few weeks it started to get heavy on and off ..

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Oh dear not another one :rolleyes: Your clutch is slipping because the clutch release arm bushes in the gearbox were not properly lubricated when you had the clutch changed. It's slipping because the clutch arm is not fully releasing, due to partial seizure in the bushes. even with the clutch pedal released. So the clutch is never fully engaged .... hence the slipping under load. No doubt you had the clutch changed before because it was heavy/notchy/slipping ?

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/239672-stiff-heavy-clutch-alfa-gt-jtdm.html

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I had it changed at a out 68K when it started to slip on he motor way while overtaing..

Th guys at Alfatech always do a good job so I'll b a little gutted if it's because it's not been fitted but will feel much better when fixed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts