Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My good friend Bil has been looking at getting a GT, he went to look at one today but noticed on the cills, near the front wheel, there's a sort of joint, and in this area it looks as if the lacquer is peeling off. I think he's concerned if it's a bit of a rust spot or something, but he wanted me to check with you guys in the know if it's anything to worry about?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i know the joint your are referring to. my car/paint has no problems. so that car could have an issue, particularly if it has been damaged then repaired in the past.

if it is possible to take the car to a workshop for an inspection, the best thing would be to remove the front wheel, then remove the wheel arch liner, and inspect the area closely.

:)

E

·
0 Posts
Have that and it was down to previous owner jacking up the car in the wrong place.Had it beaten out and sprayed but starting to peel again.Get it checked though as it could be worse,I got mine checked and Im glad I did.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's bought it now, a darn nice car it is too. I'll tell him to check it out when it's in for work next time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts