Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience with GT Champiro tyres 215/45 17 91W on his or her 156 ? I have Pirelli P7000's now and they are at their end, the GT tyres have good reports and are relatively cheap compared to Pirelli/Bridgestone/Michelin etc

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Not on a 156 but yes I have tried them....Do you like sliding? ;)

They weren't good in my opinion quite simply a budget tyre and I wouldn't pick them if given an option. I found them terrible in the wet

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it never rains in southern Holland :D I am trying them out right now in the pouring rain, and guess what... they behave allright, no understeer and sliding only when provoked (handbrake turn)

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
IMO the best budget priced tyre is the Nankang NS-2. I wouldn't consider anything else in that price bracket. The TNG star performer is basically the same tyre but with a higher speed rating and AA traction rating.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i stuck a pair of 205/50/R16 gt champiros on my old focus when i knew i was getting rid of it in a couple of months, i found them perfectly fine tbh, it was winter as well so most likely driven in the wet half the time:)

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Aye! I had a pair of GT Championes on the front of my '55, until all the tyres were worn out enough for me to buy a matched set.

They're okay in the dry and reasonabe in the wet, if it was warm (say 8C and above).

They didn't like those "in-between" greasy conditions, especially when it was cold at the same time. They'd slide around a bit under hard cornering, traction out of tight corners was weak and the ABS did chime in more regularly.

Ralf S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts