Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had my 147 for 3 years now and I've finished uni and working full time so I'm about ready for a new car. I had posted a while ago about new car advice and it resulted in me settling for a V6 GT. However, since then the insurance quotes I have had have gone up significantly and it's no longer a viable option. I really don't like the sound and power delivery of a diesel engine so the only option remaining is the JTS.

I've been looking and what's available and I'm struggling to come to a decision. At the moment the car I like the look of the most is this, an 05 plate with 52k miles for £5,800. It's black which is one of my preferable colours, its got leather interior which is a must and it has 18" alloys which I'd prefer.

The spanner in the works though is the blackline model. An example such as this which in comparison is 2 years newer, has 34k miles and has the facelift blackline features. It's priced at just under £7k.

I understand more detail is needed such as the fact the blackline might not have had the 36k cambelt service yet which is more costs and the extra £1000 would mean I wouldn't be able to change my car at the end of march like I'm intending to and would have to wait a bit longer.

So after all that my question is do you think it's worth waiting and spending more on a blackline? I can't see myself regretting my decision to not buy a blackline in the short term but is there more to the blackline other than the styling?

·
Registered
110 Posts
the blackline is just styling + some stuff from the extras catalogue fitted as standard (better stereo, dual zone climate control). A lot of the lussos had most or all of that kit fitted anyway, so it's really up to you with the JTS!

also, be aware that the 08 cloverleafs onwards then only start a bit higher again (8k)

2008 Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS Cloverleaf 2dr

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do prefer the cloverleaf alloys over the blackline but the problem is I'm going too far down the "well for £x more I can get this". My budget was £5000 and it has already been pushed to £6000 if the car is right. Ofcourse the longer I wait to buy a new car the more the budget increases but now I've seen a GT in person properly I just can't wait to get one.

At the moment my 147 is a turismo so pretty bare spec and the cheaper GT will be a huge upgrade. The blackline red stitched leather is really tempting though ;).

G

·
0 Posts
The one at AD car sales looks nice so long as it has had it's cambelt done. It has Bose as well so the only advantage of the Blackline over it is it is newer with less miles...Blacklines are of course limited edition but to be honest I see more of them than I do standard GT's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts