Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently on my second GT and have the same problem with this one that I had with the first.

The 'foldable' flap that covers the spare wheel looks as if it should rest on the lip at the rear of the boot.

The flap never seems to reach the lip and doesn't seem to sit properly in the bottom of the boot.

Has anyone else experienced this - does anyone have any thoughts on a quick cheap fix?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Same with mine. There is a piece of hard foam that is meant to rest on the spare wheel and support the panel. Neither it nor the floppy panel is up to the job.

Think of it as a charming Alfa idiosyncrasy ;)

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Same on mine, they're all like that sir!,

Cheap fix - sorry No

Not so cheap fix is a boot liner from the GT accessories!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cut yourself a piece of 5mm ply 15mm bigger than flap and contact adhesive ply to liner flap then fix velccro pads to lip and base worked fine for me stopped all my golf balls ending up in wheel well at the same time

·
Registered
593 Posts
same on mine. it's a P.O.S. (piece of sh**)

so I don't let it worry me.
nor do I worry about the boot rattle lol

OP, I have a boot liner (it came with the car) they're cheap enough on ebay and do make it very easy to clean.

Guitar Hero; don't live with the boot rattle, the fix is putting a couple of pads under the shelf, easy as ABC, check the following thread from Bobda:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/307990-gt-parcel-shelf-rattle-the-fix.html#post4454955

1 - 12 of 12 Posts