Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i press my boot release button my boot unlocks and i have to slide my fingers under the tailgate to lift it open. Not really a problem but im wondering whether it should open slightly when i press the release button so that i can open it without squeezing the ends of my fingers under it to open. Are all Gt boots like this??

Cheers
Steve.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
In a word YES, but some do pop open a little more than others!

Always try to lift it with empty hands so as not to cause lots of little scratches on the sill.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
When i press my boot release button my boot unlocks and i have to slide my fingers under the tailgate to lift it open. Not really a problem but im wondering whether it should open slightly when i press the release button so that i can open it without squeezing the ends of my fingers under it to open. Are all Gt boots like this??

Cheers
Steve.
if you look at the little rubber stoppers on the lid of the boot, twist them to one side and they will pop out further so that when you open the boot, the lid raises by a few inches and is easier to open.

they've been screwed in to possibly prevent a rattle noise.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The tailgate lifters are a known cause of rattles but the tailgate can still rattle without them being extended - mine did. My solution is to give then a liberal coating of silicon grease (not the spray type) and then let them do their job.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. When i can go out and have a look without fear of hypothermia setting in i will give it a go and see what happens. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts