Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

My GT has some light frontal damage and I'm planing on getting it sorted.

I know of an 01 2.4jtd 156 in a local scrap yard, will it's front fit my 1.9jtd GT? I'll worry about bumper and bonnet later, I'd just like the underlying structure sound (as well as my new headlight fitted!).

Cheers in advance,
Pete

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, maybe a facelift 147 would be a better choice? I hear that the bonnet is a direct fit aswell? Cheers

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
147 GTA bonnet and front wings (so therefore I would presume slam panel) are a direct lift.
The GTA bonnet is no different to any other pre-facelift 147 and are the same as a GT except for positioning of screen washer jets for some years.

147GTA wings however are not the same as GT wings. The GT front wings are different at the lower rear end.

·
Banned
857 Posts
147GTA wings however are not the same as GT wings. The GT front wings are different at the lower rear end.
Fair enough. They 'step down' to meet the sills because the GTA doesn't have the GT's sill extensions (looks clumsy in most pictures I've seen of the GTA).

I've also seen pics of GTAs with a very obvious 'hole' at the trailing edge of the wing because it looks like a GT one has been fitted without the step down....

·
Registered
30,070 Posts
I've also seen pics of GTAs with a very obvious 'hole' at the trailing edge of the wing because it looks like a GT one has been fitted without the step down....
No, that is a GTA feature, it isn't because someone has put GT wings on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts