Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a set of GT Blackline rims for my GTV. They are 18/45/225. My GTV is a phase 2 but not lowered stock suspension.
Does anyone have some photos of GTV with Blackline rims with standard suspension? Is is a straight swap to my 16 inch teardrops?

Would it be too high with standard suspension?

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a set of GT Blackline rims for my GTV. They are 19/45/225. My GTV is a phase 2 but not lowered stock suspension.
Does anyone have some photos of GTV with Blackline rims with standard suspension? Is is a straight swap to my 16 inch teardrops?

Would it be too high with standard suspension?

Thanks for you help.
Here's a few pics. My favourite wheel on the GTV. They are 18" not 19" though, I have 235/40 18s on mine with 5mm spacers, also a phase 2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the replies. Yeah I have corrected the title haha I know they're 18s don't know why I put 19s.

Do you think it will sit high with the,m whilst not being lowered at all?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Thanks all for the replies. Yeah I have corrected the title haha I know they're 18s don't know why I put 19s.

Do you think it will sit high with the,m whilst not being lowered at all?
The difference between 225/45 17 and 225 or 235/40 18 is actually very little due to the smaller side wall.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I think 225/40/18 gives the same overall radius as 225/45/17s which is the recommended size with 17” teledials so using 225/45/18s will give a radius bigger by 5% of 225mm I think. Now it is a while since I went to school and i probably didn’t pay as much attention as I should but I make that 11.25mm increase in radius so they will fill the arches more and the car will sit higher. The speedo will also be inaccurate and there may be issues with clearance etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So basically they should be 18/40/225 for best use. If I find a set and get them I would first fit them and then think of maybe dropping it 30mm. I have 2 Fiat Punto GT Turbos both with coilovers. I do niot want a harsh ride on the GTV too hahaha!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
So basically they should be 18/40/225 for best use. If I find a set and get them I would first fit them and then think of maybe dropping it 30mm. I have 2 Fiat Punto GT Turbos both with coilovers. I do niot want a harsh ride on the GTV too hahaha!
Stick with standard springs and get koni yellow sports shocks, I don't think mine could take being lowered as they'd rub on the inner wheel arch. Harder springs aren't good for the ride on a GTV.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
You can play around with tyre sizes on sites like this one -

Tyre Size Calculator | 01244 459 611

which allow you to compare two tyre sizes.

The only problem is that a selected tyre size may not exist or is unpopular and as a consequence, expensive!

As Nelly(TR) says above, the difference with a 235/40 18 is 11mm on the diameter ( increasing ride height by 5.5mm ).

You could just be getting into the region of the speedo under reading with 235/40 18. With 225/45 17, the speedo is fairly accurate - maybe still over reading a bit.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Stick with standard springs and get koni yellow sports shocks, I don't think mine could take being lowered as they'd rub on the inner wheel arch. Harder springs aren't good for the ride on a GTV.
I believe that you can’t fit 18s on a Twin Spark with Koni yellows. You’ll be ok with a V6, not sure what the OP has.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey guys! Turns out I did find a set in the end. Found a set on Ebay.uk and they are on the way to Malta.

They are 40/225. Will fit them and check what problems I will have.

Thanks for the help.
Nice! You must be paying a lot for postage! They'll look great I bet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice! You must be paying a lot for postage! They'll look great I bet
Cheers! Not really, I use ship low cost. 77 euro to be exact delivered to Malta.

Guys Just a quick question;

I have a set of Brembo's from a Fiat Coupe was just ready to fit them on my Blue Punto GT with brackets but I sold that.

Are the Fiat Coupe Brembos a straight fit on the GTV? Are they the same like GTV6?

Thanks

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo GT - 2007
3 Posts
Hi All:
I have GT I am planning to put 18" black line rims on it so looking for them, can even tell.me ware
to find them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts