Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't ask me how I've managed to do it, but I've lost a CD which slid down the gap at the back of my GT's ashtray (underneath the centre console) as it was tilted.. I feel rather stupid asking for help for this :lol:

I've noticed I can pull the ashtray insert out next to the cigarette lighter and that reveals a screw. But I'm not one to go around willy-nilly with a screwdriver and break something, especially as I've had the car 3 weeks.

Is this easy to get to and retrieve?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Yeah, undoing that screw will allow the whole thing to come out as one unit, there'll be a plug on the back of the lighter but you may not have to disconnect it to retrieve your CD

All the best

Pub

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
You could also try finding the CD from the side/behind, by removing one of the carpeted side-trims. The trims have one 'plug' towards the firewall, and then clipped (very firmly) to the centre console (pull here with firm, controlled pressure; these can break but loss of one is no big deal).

Once removed, you have access behind the whole ashtray/cubbyhole area.

:)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
You could also try finding the CD from the side/behind, by removing one of the carpeted side-trims. The trims have one 'plug' towards the firewall, and then clipped (very firmly) to the centre console (pull here with firm, controlled pressure; these can break but loss of one is no big deal).

Once removed, you have access behind the whole ashtray/cubbyhole area.

:)
Watch out for the one near the bulkhead tho, dont just yank it as its attatched to a plastic 'arm' that can break off then you will spend ages plastic welding it back into place.....not that I have done that:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts