Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Guy's, Which is the best in a real world situation for overtaking. First the GT V6 or a remapped 1.9 with Q2. I will be choosing a car based on information I can gather from you lot ps the roads are narrow where I live hehehe also I suppose Im a lazy driver dont like to work too hard:thumbs:

·
Registered
507 Posts
If the diesel is mapped to 185bhp/265 lbft I don't think there would be much in it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
V6 would win it every time , you could have knitted a new pullover whilst waiting for the Diseasal to accellerate... :)
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

If you can afford to fuel a V6, then there's nothing else to recommend the diesel!

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
without owning a V6... the noise alone would do it for me..... but I guess it really depends what you can aford.... the remapped diesel wil give you plenty of overtaking ability.... but won't give you that all over satisfying grin ;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Get a Q2 diff on the V6 and it'll pass more or less anything. Staggeringly quick but crap ride on a poor road surface.

Stunning sound and good for 163mph in Germany (honestly, via GPS):wow:

M

·
0 Posts
More thumbs up for the V6 from me too......if you drop a gear and catch the revs at around 3500rpm and floor it, you can overtake more than one car at a time:lol:

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
More thumbs up for the V6 from me too......if you drop a gear and catch the revs at around 3500rpm and floor it, you can overtake more than one car at a time:lol:
...and in a diesel... you cover those behind in a cloud of ****e too :D

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
I reckon the difference between them in an overtaking situation will be very minimal. :)
the voice of reason ;)

it's the difference between what you can afford....

15 mpg ... or 30 mpg :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well having read all your reply's which I must admit made me giggle I just checked on Mr DVLA for Road Licence costs's OOP'S:mad:, That plus the Insurance has just dealt a mortal blow to the dreams of V6 ownership. Her Indoors would poison me if I went with my heart and got a better beauty so it looks like the Dark side is going to win. However I hope to fit FSD's + Eibachs, get it remapped and are there any Air intake mods for the 1.9 and if there is could someone please point me in the right direction thanks again Lad's and remember an Alfa is an Alfa no matter what "motion lotion" we put in :thumbs:

E

·
0 Posts
It sounds like your going to end up paying the same if you buy a V6 or the tractor so go for the V6!If just to be able to say 'I drive a V6'!Compare that to 'I drive a diesel!............no competition.

bradders, what mpg you getting from the diesel?

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
Well having read all your reply's which I must admit made me giggle I just checked on Mr DVLA for Road Licence costs's OOP'S:mad:, That plus the Insurance has just dealt a mortal blow to the dreams of V6 ownership. Her Indoors would poison me if I went with my heart and got a better beauty so it looks like the Dark side is going to win. However I hope to fit FSD's + Eibachs, get it remapped and are there any Air intake mods for the 1.9 and if there is could someone please point me in the right direction thanks again Lad's and remember an Alfa is an Alfa no matter what "motion lotion" we put in :thumbs:

all i'll say is... i've driven 231 bhp RWD with better traction than a standard 150 bhp FWD oil burner... with a q2 fitted and 180 bhp ... i reckon in the real world.... you'll be a winner ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts