Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for a pointer. When I lock the car, obviously the alarm beeps once. About 10 secs later there is another shorter beep. The doors stay locked. I know it means it is detecting an error somehere - I suspect bonnet.
I tried cleaning - sorry liberally spraying with WD40 - the micro switch on the bonnet catch, but to no avail so far. The little lever on the micro switch points outwatds towards the front grille of the car. Am I correct in assuming this is where the problem lies? That the switch 'lever' is meant to come into contact with the switch body when the bonnet is closed, as I don't think mine is. Any help appreciated.:thumbs:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Are the windows fully closed? I get a beep similar to the one you describe if I forget and leave them cracked open.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I can't remember if the alarm light in the car flashes to show the fault area or if its only when there is an activation. It could be worth checking. Its the flashing red light with the key symbol. If there is a problem it will flash a certain number of times which indicates where the faulty area is door/bonnet/window etc. If you count the number of flashes it will tell you in the handbook the faulty area.

G

·
I can't remember if the alarm light in the car flashes to show the fault area or if its only when there is an activation. It could be worth checking. Its the flashing red light with the key symbol. If there is a problem it will flash a certain number of times which indicates where the faulty area is door/bonnet/window etc. If you count the number of flashes it will tell you in the handbook the faulty area.
That's to signal what triggered the alarm, I don't think it will diagnose a faulty
sensor during the arming procedure......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts