Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mentioned this in another thread but I'll reach people with a dedicated one.

Basically, my Blackline GT started having issues with the passenger window sliding down when I wasn't around. Also, I asked them to look at the problem of actually being able top open a door on occasion.

I took it to Autolusso for an MOT and service and asked them to look at the problem but I don't think the problem arose. I got the car back yesterday and sure enough the doors remained locked. This happens with 2 different keys.. Most of the time the beeping works as it should but the door doesn't open.
Once I got it to open by pressing the unlock key then using the key actually in the door. The alarm went off but I was able top to turn it off with the key.
Didn't work at all after that.
I managed to get the passenger open once by pressing the lock option on the key but it hasn't worked since. The key seemed to work in reverse (both of them).

I can't drive now so getting it back to Autolusso is a lot of trouble and despite the excellent service I've had from them over the years they don't seem what they were.

Any suggestions? I'm tempted to just cut my losses and sell it as a non runner rather than keep throwing money at it.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The only time I've seen anything similar is with a flat battery (~11v IIRC). The alarm/central locking seems to go flaky if it doesn't see enough volts (on a 147). Of course, a bad connection or earth might do similar. The GT has a known problem with water getting into the driver's side window switch and causing corrosion, thanks to the frameless windows. That too may play badly with the alarm.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Autolusso looked at this and replaced a battery connection and the passenger window regulator which solved the window problem but the central locking system seemingly has a mind of its own. It's weird that the keys (when they work) see, to operate in reverse.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not going to waste anymore money on this car and will be selling it to webuyanycar. Much lower than I could get if I could get it fixed and sell it privately.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don''t want to spend anymore on this car. Repairs tend to go up and up as I have found with this car. I've only had it since March and the bills already add up to £800 for a car that still isn't fixed.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
:) Cars are only ever temporarily fixed anyway. Older cars usually get sold on because stuff needs fixing, and someone else can do it. That's why they get cheaper. It's pass the parcel, with bills inside. Good luck with your next car! :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's my last car. I can't drive anymore due to medical reasons. It's a poor goodbye to my long association with Alfa. This was my 12th I've owned over the years..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, my trip to webuyanycar was a complete waste of time. Valued it at £830 but when I took it to them they put some details in a computer and offered me around £380. And that was without even looking at the car. What a hopeless business.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've booked the car into a local family garaged and explained the problem. In the meantime a good polish and up on eBay she goes. With the service history, 12 months MOT and a list of serious work done on the car, particularly over the past few years there's a bargain to be had. I think I will go with a very low buy now price and let the market decide.
Anybody here interested just contact me for more info and pictures or you are welcome to come and have a look at it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car has started playing up again. The passenger door not closed message keeps coming up along with the window opening and closing a tiny amount. I've paid quite a lot of money to Autolusso and nothing has changed. Can't even get to them now I can't drive as it's 25 miles from me and I need 2 people to get it there and back.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It's my last car. I can't drive anymore due to medical reasons. It's a poor goodbye to my long association with Alfa. This was my 12th I've owned over the years..
I am sorry to hear that. I had cataract problems 10 years ago that meant I couldn't drive or work (half-blind photographer, not ideal) for a year, until the NHS got around to fixing it. Hated it.

dead link..
I just clicked the link I posted and it worked fine.
Here's a link to their contact page instead.
test form

I've not used them but they have a very good reputation on AO.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Car's in a local garage at the moment but I'll look into your suggestion. I can't find any info on how to remove it or likely costs though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts