Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, really. I've noticed the TC light on my car come on under hard acceleration as I've come to the limits of grip but not really noticed the car cutting the power - at first I thought this was a nicely unobtrusive system that allowed a little bit of slip before taking over, but being Italian and electronic it has occurred to me that it might simply have gone wrong.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I was wondering the same this evening. On a wet road the front end got pretty 'lively' in first and second. The traction control light was flashing, but it was allowing more slip that I would have expected. I think it must be intentional though, if the system was broken I'm pretty sure you would get a warning light. Up to a point, traction increases with slip, so may be they aim for the optimum amount?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that a broken TC would probably show a light, but then I thought that the light might also be broken.

But if yours is the same then it might well just be a well-adjusted system.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I seem to recall that some road testers commented that the system was one of the more unobtrusive ones out there.

Reactions: mattb84

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
My 147 JTDm would easily engage the TC on worn budget tyres in the rain.

It does allow for some slip before it cuts back the power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.