Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 8..I can see them and I have counted them (no really!).

The official brochure says it is supposed to have only 6. Mine has got 2 front, 2 side, 2 curtain and 2 rear bags.

Strange?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Wow, bonus. :D

The curtain airbags go right along the top of the side windows, and are counted as 1 per side.

6 = driver+passenger + 2x (seat) side + 2x curtain

You should also count the 'cc' in your engine. You might be missing a few, cos mine is not 3.2L. ;)

:)

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Where are the rear air bags then?
As shiny car described, there are curtain bags that start at A pillar, go along the roof and end in C pillar. When they deploy, they will make a curtain along front and rear side windows.

Thats why they can be counted sometimes as 4 airbags (2front and 2rear head airbags) even though they are in reality just 2 very long ones.

her is a picture of the rear end of may 147 without boot trim. Everythin with yellow color on the right part of the picture is related to airbay system. You can see that they end in the C pillar where they have the rear anchor point to the car body.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/gotcha147/Auta zmeska/airbags.jpg

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
One in the steering wheel, one above the glove box, one on the outside of each front seat and a curtain bag covering all side windws.

Cars dont have airbags in the back as such, just the curtian bags.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
definitely got 8 airbags.
driver side - one in steering, one above the seatbelt mount, one above the front window (towards the middle of the window) and one above the rear little window towards the back of the window
same on passenger side.
8 airbags. if you don't count the airbags in the steering wheel and dash (front airbags) then there are 6 other little beige pop-up type bits of plastic with the words (SRS Airbag) written on them. I checked with the alfa dealer in NZ and he has confirmed that NZ spec did indeed have 8 airbags.

·
7,713 Posts
Fair enough. So 8 'discharge' elements for that?

Weird that they would change from 6 to 8, when 6 covers what your 8 do. :confused:

I presume you're not just counting the little 'badge' things. These are just covers to bolts. I've had trims out of my car, and the discharge elements for the curtain airbags are in the C-pillar area. I can't imagine they could fit these in the B-pillars or A-pillars.

And no side airbags in your seats?

I'm really confused. Maybe post some photos up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"no side airbags in the seats" - no sir!
The seats have a little tag on the side that says (Air Bag) but i don't see anywhere for the airbag to pop out of (i.e. no perforation in the leather etc). Instead there is a pop-out thingy directly above the seatbelt holder.

Strange I know. Will defo post photos when i get around to it.

·
7,713 Posts
driver side - one in steering, one above the seatbelt mount, one above the front window (towards the middle of the window) and one above the rear little window towards the back of the window
Now I'm even more confused: you list four above, on the driver side. Plus the seat side airbag. So 5 per side = 10? :confused:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
same on passenger side.
8 airbags. if you don't count the airbags in the steering wheel and dash (front airbags) then there are 6 other little beige pop-up type bits of plastic with the words (SRS Airbag) written on them. I checked with the alfa dealer in NZ and he has confirmed that NZ spec did indeed have 8 airbags.
That would be a belt pre tensioner.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
...one above the front window (towards the middle of the window) and one above the rear little window towards the back of the window...
That is one long airbag, not two seperate airbags.

100% you have six airbags.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
"no side airbags in the seats" - no sir!
The seats have a little tag on the side that says (Air Bag) but i don't see anywhere for the airbag to pop out of (i.e. no perforation in the leather etc). Instead there is a pop-out thingy directly above the seatbelt holder.

Strange I know. Will defo post photos when i get around to it.
The bag is under the leather in the seat. The perforation is on the inside, you cant see it. When the bag deploys from the seat, it tears the leather. The explosion is pretty violent.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
. The explosion is pretty violent.
and allegedly powered by cordite and produce a lot of smoke.:wow: When the airbags in the Punto above went off, my son came to hearing his girlfriend shouting " The cars on fire " ! He hit the seat belt release....and landed on his head ( car was upside down ). :lol:

·
7,713 Posts
Well, I had a look in my GT today. Indeed, those are the plastic covers fitted around the interior. I haven't checked them all, but the rear one at least is a bolt cover. They do not correspond to individual airbags!!!

If your dealer suggests they do, then they need to go back to Alfa school. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts