Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Beautifull Alfa you have there commendatore thumbs: Tastefully done.I fitted Tarox Sport Japan fast road discs and pads to my GTV.They squeeled a bit for about 2-3 months after bedding in, but now are great:) Very impressed with stopping power.Although when the discs have heat in them you can feel and hear the grooves and drilled holes whilst breaking.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
.......Although when the discs have heat in them you can feel and hear the grooves and drilled holes whilst breaking.
This is a peculiarity with all the drilled or grooved discs that I've used too - a droning sound when braking that gets louder when hotter or under really heavy braking.

Had to thank my Brembos the other day when a truck pulled out in front of me - 100kms to zero in about 20 yards :thumbs:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Beautifull Alfa you have there commendatore thumbs: Tastefully done.I fitted Tarox Sport Japan fast road discs and pads to my GTV.They squeeled a bit for about 2-3 months after bedding in, but now are great:) Very impressed with stopping power.Although when the discs have heat in them you can feel and hear the grooves and drilled holes whilst breaking.
Friend of mine had Sport Japan discs on his 156 V6,,, he was very satisfied...

p.s. thnx" for compliments...:) :thumbs:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is a peculiarity with all the drilled or grooved discs that I've used too - a droning sound when braking that gets louder when hotter or under really heavy braking.

Had to thank my Brembos the other day when a truck pulled out in front of me - 100kms to zero in about 20 yards :thumbs:

that is most important thing for me - to stop the car very fast..:thumbs:

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Looking good :aaANYWORD:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Looks lovely mate. You have done quite a bit to it.
Could you please record the sound of your SS and post it here. Would like to here the sound differnce as I want to change mine.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You guys are barking:cool: Quite a crowd there too. What was the event?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Nice Disc's, they look a great bit of kit!

Supersprint looks good aswell, doesn't sit right tho imo, not sure what it is but then the standard pipes don't sit right neither. I think the hole in the bumper is too big and maybe the tailpipe needs to sit alittle bit further back, but just a tad.

Stunning looking car, what she sound like with the Supersprint. I've found in the past Euro exhaust like Supersprint and Remus are more performance than sound. Is it just a back box or full system too

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
commendatore thats great, who won?...some lovely sounding alfa`s there. I wish they had a meet like that over here that would be wicked. Bodgit

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Nice Disc's, they look a great bit of kit!

Supersprint looks good aswell, doesn't sit right tho imo, not sure what it is but then the standard pipes don't sit right neither. I think the hole in the bumper is too big and maybe the tailpipe needs to sit alittle bit further back, but just a tad.

Stunning looking car, what she sound like with the Supersprint. I've found in the past Euro exhaust like Supersprint and Remus are more performance than sound. Is it just a back box or full system too
thnx" for compliments about discs..:)

p.s. I agree about SuperSprint,,, i did some modifications about sitting right, but still does not sitt as I want,,,, otherwise, that is standard position of the ss exhaust...

pp.ss. it is a rear box and central pipe from SuperSprint

21 - 39 of 39 Posts