Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Not long had my GT (picked it up Saturday), driven about 100 miles in it and it seems to have an idling problem. The idle seems a little lumpy and it has a faint whirr where the timimg belt it (the whirr stays constant through the lumpy idle). Being this is my first Alfa and i'm not used to their "subtleties" yet I wondered if this is a problem. There is no warning light and it doesn't seem to be underperforming, just wondered if theres anything anyone could think of so that if I need to take it back to the garage I got it from I can point them in the right direction if you know what I mean.

Many Thanks for all responses

Ben

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
How lumpy? If you mean that it sort of pulses, that's probably normal - mine does it and any time I've mentioned it, the mechanics said they all do. I'm talking about a subtly emphasised and regular pulse, so it sounds like mmm-mmm-mmm-MMM, but only so much that you probably wouldn't notice with the radio on. More pronounced with the AC/fan on, but still does it without.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Trashbat.

Yeah thats kind of it, however when watching the engine at idle you can see it move at the pulses. I don't know if i'm being too harsh on it as my last car (Focus) was a dog since I bought it at 6 month old and i'm used to finding probs so not sure if im looking for something thats not there if you know what I mean.

I did get a warranty from the garage I bought it from but would like to get an idea before I take it back so that I dont get the usual "cant find any problems" thing.

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts