Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have the GT 2.0 JTS, I have recently had a new clutch fitted to the selespeed and since this job was done my front exhaust started making noises from a looses flexi and now it is blowing too. I see that some say the 156 front exhaust will fit, I can locate these on ebay at around £40 but cant find a cheap flexi for gt. It's more like £100 on 1 dealer but they say it fits all 2.0 JTS models. Can someone confirm that this will fit my GT. Heres a link to exact 1 im looking at.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-156-2-0-Jts-2002-2006-Exhaust-Front-Link-Pipe-With-Fitting-Kit-/281034333070?fits=Car+Make:Alfa+Romeo|Model:156&hash=item416ef39b8e

I need to make this repair as cheap as poss as clutch cost me £625!!!!!!

Ty Mark

G

·
0 Posts
Justchecked on the parts list (eper) and yes that is it. The part No. is the same for both the GT and the JTS 156 ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah mines gone on the 147 but need to get that welded in wish had the same set up .
Not sure why the 147 is different?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That link comes with fixing kit too which is a must a think and the cheapest I could find that includes the kit!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried and failed, it wasn't blowing at all just a horrid noise that sounded like I had 1000 screws in my glove box, then a week later it started to blow and car seems less powerful too grrrrrr, anyways all booked in for monday to be fitted and have a full service!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I tried and failed, it wasn't blowing at all just a horrid noise that sounded like I had 1000 screws in my glove box, then a week later it started to blow and car seems less powerful too grrrrrr, anyways all booked in for monday to be fitted and have a full service!!
I can rotate mine but the flexi part seems intact. I might just jubilee clip it until the end of the month. I asked my daughter's boyfriend and he's going to lend me his mig welder. I'll post pics of the burned out she'll when I've finished!...:D

Mine seems down on low down torque too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the 1 on the link and it fitted fine, had a good sevice done at same time and now car is running beautifully, very happy and thx :)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
holy thread resurrection batman!...

have just also bought the front flexi pipe as per the link..OEM was £190!...

the reason why every lafa owner should be on the forum, it's great little bits of info like this that really help and make ownership a pleasure rather than an expensive headache.

thanks chaps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts