Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Most likely excessive carbon buildup on the cylinder head. A common problem on the JTS engine.

·
Registered
38,457 Posts
The JTS is arguably the worst engine fitted to the GT.

Even when new many struggled to make the same power as the 1.8 (140bhp) and as Ransoman says they suffer from carbon buildup in the inlet valves and ports.

The crank case oil vapor is fed back into the inlet manifold like on most cars, but as the engine is direct injection into the cylinder there is no fuel being sprayed into the inlet to wash the oil into the combustion chamber before it turns to carbon.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ok, GT reality check from a JTS owner.
Fuel consumption averages 34/35 mpg, runs absolutely fine with regular dose of injector cleaner (the well regarded Autolusso recommend this ) and pulls strongly too.
Next...

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
what is the real needs to watch current consumption???...
Was it ltrs/100kms or kms/ltr. ???...
what is your exact ltrs/100kms figure derived from 1000kms milage and what is your average speed for this thereof ???...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Jeez, it's more or less the same as latest 6-gear downsized 1.4 turbo MultiAir Giulietta. And it sounds much nicer :). I'd have it over the MultiAir, to be honest.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I don't know what that video's about - looks fine to me.

A well-looked after JTS is alright, and a mapped one with a less restrictive exhaust is even better :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts