Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I know some of this has been covered in a few threads but I am still a bit confused and have a couple of questions.

I know there are many different opinions of make/model of tyres that is best but what size tyres are best for the GT 18" multispokes? And assuming you can get slightly different widths/profiles etc to fit, what difference does this make?

Also I have heard that putting 18" wheels on the 147 GTA makes the ride a lot harder?

And finally, is there a market to sell teledials with good tread remaining? Or just worth keeping hold of?

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
The 18" jetfins multispokes, best size is to go 225/40/18

they will make the ride a little harsher.

Not much difference in going up to 235 which is the widest you can realistically go on them.

Yes you will be able to sell you teledials.. If they are in good nick expect £350 +

In terms of tyre brands, Eagle F1 Assymetrical 2 have come top in recent tests, followed closely by Michelin Pilot Sport 3...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
There is so little chat here at the moment lets start a tyre and wheel debate ! So as I said p z rosso how can you not put an Italian tyre on an Alfa - for that reason alone they are best :lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
There is so little chat here at the moment lets start a tyre and wheel debate ! So as I said p z rosso how can you not put an Italian tyre on an Alfa - for that reason alone they are best :lol:
+ 1. To that. I put p zeros all round on my cup just for that reason.:lol:
They are a great tyre to though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just to let you know I have 245 35 18's rossos on mine. No rubbing at all, seems to have more grip and gives the car a much meaner stance. The 225 look. Far too narrow I think. Opinion of course..

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
There you go, Rosso's win, more people on this thread have voted for them....

What is the next thing we can go for that no one agrees on...

So......................

Best colour for a GTA is red....and of course the best GTA is a sportwagon....

Let the debating begin!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help, didn't realise that you could put that range of widths on them. I am a little bit concerned about ruining the ride by putting 18" wheels on but I can't help myself because they look incredible, especially on the best colour (Nuvola bianco) and the best GTA (147) hahaha

Anyone want to buy my teledials so I can get some multispokes??

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are the original 18" multispokes that you could get as an option on the 147 GTA the same as the GT alloys? And are these the same as the Toora Alloys?

Who would have thought I could get so confused by a set of alloys!

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Just because I said yours is one of the best if not best GTA's we have worked on

Personally I prefer a 156 GTA to a 147 GTA and I prefer a Sportwagon to a saloon

I am over 40 though:rolleyes:

Ned

There you go, Rosso's win, more people on this thread have voted for them....

What is the next thing we can go for that no one agrees on...

So......................

Best colour for a GTA is red....and of course the best GTA is a sportwagon....

Let the debating begin!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just because I said yours is one of the best if not best GTA's we have worked on

Personally I prefer a 156 GTA to a 147 GTA and I prefer a Sportwagon to a saloon

I am over 40 though:rolleyes:

Ned
Thanks Ned It looks so much nicer now with the new expansion bottle and silicon hose set

And the real shock is that I can't believe you are over 40 and we both have sons called Raff!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes.
p/n 156080193 (about £400 each for a new one now!)
Wow thats a lot! Is it easy to tell the difference between these and the Toora replicas? I am guessing the proper alfa ones are more desirable when they come up for sale?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts