Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i need some advice before tomorrow, i am travelling 400 mile round trip to look at the above , everything else about the car i love ,the pics,the service history etc all looks great just one thing the guy reckons that there is a small vibration at 50mph from what he says is one of the rear wheels, apparently it cant be balanced enough to get rid of it so needs a new alloy , does this sound right to you experts it rings true to me and i understand that a small vibration to one man is a large vibration to another , above 50mph and below it is not noticible he says, he is a long term alfa owner and has had many dating back to the fantastic alfasud's so i dont get the impression he's trying to offload it , just wondered if your experience would tell you something different. many thnx ....Mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
One of my 17" multispokes on the GT wouldn't balance fully and did give some vibration. Eventually I swapped it for a new one and all was good but looking at the design I can see they could be prone to flat-spotting.
That doesn't mean to say it is the same problem on the one you are going to see of course, but it does seem likely.
Good luck with the viewing.
Joe

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Joe sounds the same as this one its a 17" multispoke too with the little triangle on the rim, how much did a new one cost you and was it brand new or a good used one ? ..... Mark

·
Registered
186 Posts
i put a post on the classified ads wanted section for a a pair of the 17" mulitspokes as id buckeled both fronts. got a reply within a day and just picked them up from chesterfield, other than that u can get them unbuckeld from about £35 just ring round a few alloy/wheel places

1 - 4 of 4 Posts