Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
2007 GT Blackline 1.9 JTDm
Discussion Starter #21
Swirl flap now removed.......I say flap singular as there was only one left!.

The other three seem to have passed through with no damage as such, engine runs perfectly and pulls like a train so any damage must be pretty negligible.The cambelt and water pump was done at the same time.

A big thank you to Neal at Italia Autos in Walsall for a job well done 馃憤

Registered
Did they have a good check inside head to make sure they aren鈥檛 lodged above a valve? Find it hard to believe 3 went through and didn鈥檛 cause damage.

Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
Agreed....one ?....just about possible....three?...nah.

Edit....just realised these are METAL flaps....no way they got through without damage.....They were either removed beforehand...but why leave the one?...or they are wrapped around the valve guides waiting to leap out when you least expect it!

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Apparently nothing lurking in the inlet tract or wrapped around a valve as they were checked thoroughly.....was told I appear to have been very lucky and should buy a lottery ticket!

Registered
GT 2007 1.9JTDM
Exactly the same happened to me - Autolusso in Bournemouth retrieved 3 that had come loose but stuck and not caused any damage as well as removing the 1 left attached. I'm going to hang them from the rear-view mirror as a good luck charm!

I bought my GT in Feb knowing I'd have to invest some cash to get it really good - suspension bits next!

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Bit of an update.......with some careful manoeuvring and some ingenuity a mate and I managed to get an endoscope down into the inlet tracts down as far as the inlet valves and no lodged swirl flaps!, I guess they passed through without causing serious damage.as she鈥檚 running sweet.

That said could shrapnel passing through explain why my turbo whistles?,more so when it鈥檚 cold.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts