Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could do with some help please gents, I have tried the search function and have not managed to find a definitive answer..

so my car is an 07 GT (CF4) I am planning to fit a hybrid turbo, in order to keep the cost down its better to supply a donor turbo and I can't give them mine as I will be without a car.

so i'm looking for a used turbo but am thoroughly confused by part numbers and which ones will be compatible...there are a number of Garrett's that ere used on the 1.9 JTD and JTDm

I imagine the SAAB or Vauxhall one is also use-able being the same Fiat/GM engine. interesting that what appears to be the the same turbo on ebay for a vauxhall/fiat or saab 1.9 TDI is often half the price of one being sold as an Alfa part.

I would of course like to take advantage of this fact but still be sure I have a compatible part.

many thanks as always in advance for your help:thumbup:

Joe

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
According to ePer yours *should* be....

New

Recon

If you PM me your VIN I'll double check.

The shared engine is the Z19DTH, doesn't mean they all use the same turbo though.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
The Saap and Vauxhall turbo is different, they use a combined exhaust manifold and turbine housing the same as the 159, the Gt has a seperate manifold and the compressor outlet points upwards, in the Alfa if points down and some of them also use a larger compressor Wheel.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew I would get a definitive answer here..

pub I will do that tomorrow, many thanks :thumbup:

and thanks for the extra info on the manifold arrangement John.

and happy new year!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I knew I would get a definitive answer here..

pub I will do that tomorrow, many thanks :thumbup:

and thanks for the extra info on the manifold arrangement John.

and happy new year!
Joe why do you not phone Turbo dynamics direct they know everything there is to know??? And what you require. You can even discuss your personal spec hybrid...They are so good to talk to and communicate with.. Phoned them a few times and they have been really knowledgeable. :thumbup:

Damien.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe why do you not phone Turbo dynamics direct they know everything there is to know??? And what you require. You can even discuss your personal spec hybrid...They are so good to talk to and communicate with.. Phoned them a few times and they have been really knowledgeable. :thumbup:

Damien.

have Damo,:thumbup: as you said they are very helpful but..

didn't discuss part numbers with them for the donor turbo though as there was one available off a Blackline that was being broken same year as mine so would have been perfect...its no longer available so I now need one...its annoying because it was a great price, but there you go.

Other options are

just get them to knock one up and give them my old one as part payment...

drive down to AL get them to remove old turbo and lend me courtesy car for a few days whilst Turbo dynamics re-work it, then go back to pick up and then have AL fit it and off we go..

what I really need is any compatible banjaxed Garrett as it will have the internals completely reworked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts