Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I've just changed the filters (oil, fuel, air and pollen) I've changed the brand from mahle to mann. Now I can feel less acceleration than before, could mann air filter be more restrictive than the mahle one, is this possible or is it all in my imagination? :rolleyes:
If I want the same performance, I can feel I have to use more the throttle and I can see more fuel consumption in the panel.

So, what do you think? Does anyone had the same experience?

Thank you for the answers :)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
My guess would be that you've disturbed something during the service. If you're lacking power at low revs then check the corrugated turbo charge pipe. If you're hearing more of the turbo or can hear air escaping then check both lower and upper turbo pipes.

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
My guess would be that you've disturbed something during the service. If you're lacking power at low revs then check the corrugated turbo charge pipe. If you're hearing more of the turbo or can hear air escaping then check both lower and upper turbo pipes.
+1 :thumbs:

I made the change to Mann filters on the last service and I've noticed a marginal reduction in fuel consumption. As above, see if you can find leaks in any of the turbo hoses, it can be surprising just how much a small crack in a pipe can affect performance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much for answering :)

but, are the turbo hoses around filters? I mean, is it probably that the service could touch it unintentionally? :(

thank you for the answers :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 :thumbs:

I made the change to Mann filters on the last service and I've noticed a marginal reduction in fuel consumption. As above, see if you can find leaks in any of the turbo hoses, it can be surprising just how much a small crack in a pipe can affect performance.
have you noticed less consumption with the same performance?

thanks mate! :)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
but, are the turbo hoses around filters? I mean, is it probably that the service could touch it unintentionally? :(
Space is so tight under the bonnet it's very easy to dislodge or break something. If your GT is an early one then the air pipes are going to be getting brittle. The charge pipe on my GT disintegrated just by removing it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Space is so tight under the bonnet it's very easy to dislodge or break something. If your GT is an early one then the air pipes are going to be getting brittle. The charge pipe on my GT disintegrated just by removing it.
My GT has 120.000 KM, I don't know if you are referring to this when you say "early" :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts