Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm looking for specs for the 1.9 diesel gt. how accurate are the alfa specs of 150 bhp.

i'm looking for the usual
bhp, torque, top speed, 0-60

oh and if anybody has an opinion on which is better the 2.0petrol or the 1.9 diesel it'd be good to hear.

thanks

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have the diesel, would not consider others. Most critics of the diesel don't like the exhaust sound.
Torque 225 lbs at 2000 rpm, easily improved.
0 - 60 quoted 9.6, but a better comparison in the real world would be 40 to 70. You could search for the figures on here.
The GT JTD 0 - 60 would have extra gear changes over the others
The diesel has more torque than the V6, at half the revs, but does twice the MPG.
Top speed quoted 137. If memory is OK?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Tested mine stock 146bhp as for torque mine was 233lbs, I have the graphs somewhere from before and after my remap so i'd say those values from Alfa are pretty much on the ball as my car was almost new and still a bit tight, the 0-60 Alfa quote seems off, I achieved 8.7 stock, top speed it tends to run out of puff at about 115-120mph, it will go faster than that but not with the same sort of pull, think I have had it at 130 on a trackday, its fast enough.

Opinion really depends on what you are looking for, the 2.0 feels lighter more nimble than the JTD and if you like screaming engine sounds (which I do :( ) it is not bad to drive but there not much to choose between it and a JTD on the performance side of things which when you consider the 2.0 is only a few mpg better than a V6 it kind of questions the need for it, reckon if you are thinking of a petrol with no concern on running costs get the V6 otherwise buy a JTD on the road the torque from the V6 and JTD make them both easy to drive quickly.

The diesel sound and how to drive them takes some getting used to if its not your bag, but I have come to really like mine a lot, a remap does make a world of difference to it though.

A

·
0 Posts
Yes, it gets to 120mph with great ease but it takes alot longer to reach 130mph+

Alfa really do shoot themselves in the foot as for some reason they measure the 0-62mph with an extra adult and 20kg of lugguage. This means that the JTD 140 147 gets to 60 really in circa 8.8sec's and the GT 150 in 9.0-9.1.

Greaty engine though even if it does not have the sound of the 2.4.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, it gets to 120mph with great ease but it takes alot longer to reach 130mph+

Alfa really do shoot themselves in the foot as for some reason they measure the 0-62mph with an extra adult and 20kg of lugguage. This means that the JTD 140 147 gets to 60 really in circa 8.8sec's and the GT 150 in 9.0-9.1.

Greaty engine though even if it does not have the sound of the 2.4.
not really , we use 0-62 mph because europe land measue 0-100 kmh .that goes for all car maufactures. so it will alway be ( on paper ) a wee bit faster but in the real world the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts