Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This month's Car Magazine has a group test between the Giulia QV vs BMW M4 vs Mercedes AMG C63S on Welsh roads.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I might pick it up - have you read it? Is it worth taking a look, or the ususal "Thou shall have no God other than BMW" advertisement drivel? I find it funny they'd pit two saloons against a two doors coupe' to begin with...

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the BMW didn't win....! Not sure I should spoil the cliff hanger....

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep LHD but Auto.

"It's one hell of an achievement for Alfa to come from nowhere to being wheel to wheel competitive with M Division and AMG. The Giulia is thrilling to drive and full of flair, and it offers a different character to the Germans. That will be compelling to many Alfa fans, it's been worth the wait!"

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Technically I can't do that....I mean I don't have a scanner! Also not really very fair on the Magazine which needs to make a bit of money to stay in business.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Technically I can't do that....I mean I don't have a scanner! Also not really very fair on the Magazine which needs to make a bit of money to stay in business.
I completely agree, but since I am not from UK I cannot get my hands on it...

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,530 Posts
To scan and transmit the magazine would be a breach of copywrite. Not a problem for the recipient, but one hell of a big problem for the person doing the scanning and sending!

"The new August 2016 issue of CAR magazine is on sale now – in print as well as digital editions for Apple iPad, Google Play, Readly, PocketMags, Nook and Kobo e-readers."

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/magazine/digital-preview-of-the-new-issue-of-car-magazine/

So you can get it in Slovenia

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
Interesting references to how the gearshifter is reminiscent of the swords you win at the "hook a duck" stand at a fair.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Haven't read the article, might pick the mag up though, but if the M4 doesn't win and it's between the Giula and the C63S then that's absolutely brilliant.

Very odd they wouldn't put an M3 in there instead mind you...do they mention any particular reason why?

For me personally I must admit, having seen and heard a brand new C63 coupe in person, it'd be a tough call between that and the Alfa! Purely due to the AMG'ness of it all, but the Alfa would probably win out overall

Well done Alfa! Now just get the 280hp petrol out in UK and I'll buy one

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
just that rear diffuser and quad pipes behind an otherwise conservative sedan makes it look the goods,
get passed by that or pull up alongside it and you immediately wonder, "what the fkk was that ? that looks serious"

we get a lot of HSV/FPV V8's here with that look and growl on an otherwise plain looking airport rental body, and when done right, it makes it perfect,...and Alfa have done this one right!!! (and the journos all agree)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The big difference between the Alfa and the other two is that the other two are available to buy now....which is the most frustrating aspect ....the wait.

·
Registered
36,754 Posts
To scan and transmit the magazine would be a breach of copywrite. Not a problem for the recipient, but one hell of a big problem for the person doing the scanning and sending!

"The new August 2016 issue of CAR magazine is on sale now – in print as well as digital editions for Apple iPad, Google Play, Readly, PocketMags, Nook and Kobo e-readers."

Digital preview of the new issue of CAR magazine by CAR Magazine

So you can get it in Slovenia
Car were probably hoping to sell a few copies. I bought the magazine.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It looks the part this new Giulia but i'm sure they could have made it look a bit less like a 3 series clone.

When you think of the 159 it went very much its own way styling wise.

Great result for Alfa in this test though :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
It looks the part this new Giulia but i'm sure they could have made it look a bit less like a 3 series clone.

When you think of the 159 it went very much its own way styling wise.

Great result for Alfa in this test though :thumbup:
I thought it was supposed to be a 5 series clone? :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts