Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fair few possible group buys have been suggested and then scuppered of late. Last successful one if memory serves was GTA car mats last year. So how about a thread with the top list of desirable mods or bits that a group buy could be of use in reducing the prices for?

I'd like

1. A brake upgrade kit for 305mm cars, brembo ideally but I'm not brakeist.
2. Air intake fetling bits, plenum, throttle body etc.
3. Millers 10w60 oil

Anyone else want the same or have other suggestions, if we get a number after a certain thing we could start looking up companies who could help out?

·
Registered
281 Posts
330's like the look of them but carn't justify the cost:tut:not when a decent set of pads,braided lines & decent fluid make a diffrance.
Maybe if enough bout them could bring the price down a bit , I know with my Fiat Coop most of the mods were done on group buys to bring cost down.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
330's like the look of them but carn't justify the cost:tut:not when a decent set of pads,braided lines & decent fluid make a diffrance.
Sorry mate but that comment is spoken like a true 305 owner. 330's are another league from 305. Even with uprated pads and braided lines. Trust me on this as I have both set ups and the uprated 305's on my jtd just ain't as good as the stock 330's on the GTA ;)

Group buys :think:

Braided lines
Silicone hose kits
Uprated pads
Discs
Arb's

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
305's are cack.. it's the reason my last GTA is in Alfa Heaven....
And that's one of the main reasons why I found a GTA with 330's already fitted after what happened to you :(

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sorry mate but that comment is spoken like a true 305 owner. 330's are another league from 305. Even with uprated pads and braided lines. Trust me on this as I have both set ups and the uprated 305's on my jtd just ain't as good as the stock 330's on the GTA ;)

Group buys :think:

Braided lines
Silicone hose kits
Uprated pads
Discs
Arb's
looks like i better start saving:lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
looks like i better start saving:lol:
TBH mate I'd look at fitting them over the manafolds. They really are that good. EB spares do a brand new kit fo £750 ish. It is pricey I grant you but they really are worth every penny :) I'm suprised you didn't get a good feel for them in mine when Loz took you out. Perhaps next time you should drive it ;)

·
Registered
517 Posts
TBH mate I'd look at fitting them over the manafolds. They really are that good. EB spares do a brand new kit fo £750 ish. It is pricey I grant you but they really are worth every penny :) I'm suprised you didn't get a good feel for them in mine when Loz took you out. Perhaps next time you should drive it ;)
Defantly my next upgrade already priced them up this morning:thumbs:and as it something i can do, not as bad as i thought 330's here i come:DBoddy work can wait till aprill.

Sweet got a call whilst writing this and a big job i priced for yeasterday i got 330's and boddy work all by the end of the month:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts