Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm Simon, and as of Wednesday will be the proud owner of an V - reg ('99) 156 1.8 16v T-Spark. I'm grinning ear to ear, and haven't stopped since I first seen her two weeks ago - I think I've fallen in love!

Previously owned by an older chap, it's got a comprehensive Alfa service history, with the cam belt changed 8,000 miles ago (currently pushing 108,000 miles). As I said, I seen it and wanted it from the moment I saw her - and at £2000 the price was definitely right! :D

I'll post pictures up as soon as I've received her into my possession, ditched the little Citroen Saxo I've had for the last 6 years, and washed, polished and waxed the bodywork. I don't get online much, but will definitely be on here more often once I get my own place - new year, new car, new place... can't be bad!

Thanks for a wonderful forum, I've browsed round and all you guys seem to be friendly enough! Can't wait to be an official 'owner' soon!

I'll be back real soon, happy motoring....

Simon.

P.S. Do you guys have any get togethers? Any planned for the new year at all in Bristol or surrounding areas? Bye!! :D

·
Administrator
61,308 Posts
Hi Simon, how exciting for you:) sounds like a good price and always good when the alfa's been cared for too. Glad you joined up, this is the best forum afterall:) Happy driving Wed, Cheers

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys! I'm pretty sure its a good price for the car. I took her out for a test drive and it was a dream. The car picked up nicely through the gears and rev range, no squeaks, rattles or other disconcerting noises! Once I get her, I'll get my brother who's a mechanic to give it a thorough going over.

Quick question... how easy is it to replace the lower plastic mesh grille in the front bumper?

Thanks again guys for making me feel welcome!

Simon

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome along :)

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO Simon/Hammy :D

·
Registered
32,442 Posts

·
Registered
32,442 Posts

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
It is, but I have to be up at 6 for work tomorrow :eek:
I'll be up at 6 with 2 children looking for breakfast :lol:

but I'll let you off;) :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.